Founder, Co-Owner, and Co-Director
Brian has been practicing, teaching, and studying yoga since 1993. Over the decades Brian has developed a specialized low-impact method of yoga that does not require flexibility.
That method is Functional Yoga Instruction.
His desire to develop his own method of yoga came from injuries from a very vigorous yoga practice. He pulled back on his yoga practice and began a deep study of anatomy and how the body functions and moves from a strength standpoint. From this Functional Yoga Instruction was born.
Satisfied clients in the Winter Garden area (and around the globe) love the slow, controlled movement with an emphasis on precise alignment and a focus on strength instead of flexibility.
In fact, 1,000s of students have become stronger, stress-free, and more mobile with consistent practice.
Brian’s credentials include:
- Founder, Co-Owner, and Co-Director, Winter Garden Yoga
- SOMA Breath Advanced Instructor
- Creator and author of Functional Yoga Instruction
- Writer, Director, and Producer (Functional Yoga Instruction video, Beginner’s Yoga video, Intermediate Yoga video, and Power Yoga video)
- Presenter(Safe Strength, The Core The Whole Core and Nothing But The Core; Joint Mobility; Body Maintenance)
- Curator of Winter Garden Yoga’s popular YouTube Channel.
- Certified Yoga Instructor (Doug Swenson, 2007)
- Over 10, 000 hours of practical teaching experience
- Demonstrated for David Swenson, Doug Swenson, David Williams, and Sri Dharma Mittra
- Certified Kettlebell Instructor (Steve Maxwell)
- Certified Kettlebell Instructor (HKC ™)
- Graduate of P90X® and P90X+®
- Formerly Certified Personal Trainer (American Council on Exercise)
- Formerly Certified Functional Movement Screen Expert
- Expertise in nutrition, kinesiology, anatomy, joint mobility, PNF, and functional fitness
- Knowledge of trigger point therapy and body reading
- Assisted Steve Maxwell during his Body Weight Conditioning Seminar as well as his Isometrics Seminar